Sunday, December 30, 2018

Gay Pastor Apologizes, Says Whole Foods Cake Slur a Hoax

A Texas pastor is suing Whole Foods because he said a bakery worker at its Austin store wrote a gay slur in addition to the requested phrase "Love Wins" on a cake he ordered. Whole Foods denies the allegation. The lawsuit was filed Monday, April 18, 2016, stemming from the incident Thursday, April 14, 2016.  (Photo: KVUE-TV, Austin)

“I want to apologize to Whole Foods and its team members for questioning the company’s commitment to its values, and especially the baker associate who I understand was put in a terrible position because of my actions,” Brown said in his statement Monday.

Brown continued, “I apologize to the LGBT community for diverting attention from real issues. I also want to apologize to my partner, my family, my church family, and my attorney.”

Whole Foods: Cake with alleged gay slur is fake

Brown was represented in the initial lawsuit for intentional infliction of emotional distress by Austin Kaplan.


Whole Foods immediately fought back against Brown's accusations, filing a $100,000 defamation suit. The company released surveillance video from the market showing Brown purchasing the cake and said it stood behind its team member. [Source]

No comments: